Monday, May 14, 2012

Lucky

Woke up very early today (with the help of Sage).  Sage went back to sleep and I decided to have some alone time and re-center.  I was getting a wee bit crabby last night.  Sage has been sleeping poorly (expected) and it is slowly chipping away at my vacation mood.

I made some coffee and have been working on the huge fish puzzle for an hour when finally the euphoria started to creep back in.

We are so lucky.  Let us count the ways...
1. So lucky that Maggie and Bruce let us stay here.  This condo is awesome.  The beds are super comfy, it is close to walk to tons of stuff, it smells great...
sigh.
2. Portland is really nice.  I am so thankful to my Mom for working extra classes so that we could do this (I am totally paying you back, Mom - Hawaii in about 5 years!)
3. I had a job that I could double up on hours for the last couple weeks to take these weeks off.
4. The boys are at a perfect age (well the big boys) for exploring and learning and remembering a trip like this.  They have been so much fun.
5. I get to spend some amazing chill time with Heather, and while I never fret about our friendship - it is very nice to put some time in the bank. 
...And the bonuses keep on coming!  the weather is oooh la la.  We managed to sneak in Team Davidson Time! 

You know what?  Let's gp back to how great it smells here.  It smells really great.  The windows are open and the Rhododendrons, Lilacs and Hydrangeas are in in bloom.  Everything is super green and fresh.  It smells a little like a greenhouse.


Ahhh, and now I can hear my wee one crabbing in the other room.

No comments:

Post a Comment