Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mei Mei's version

Mei Mei:

Wow, Wow, Wow. Yesterday, seeing Mount Rushmore and learning some of how it was created was outstanding! My advice to anyone going to see it is to go in the morning. The sun on their faces is much better than the afternoon lighting or the night lighting. I was in such awe standing before the monument. We went to see Crazy Horse too. It was awesome as well. It is not finished. It probably won't be done in my lifetime, but his face is done, they have a movie telling all about it. There is also a museum and bus rides out to the base of the mountain. Every May there is a celebration with a lazer light show showing how it will look when completed. The scale model of the sculpture is on the premises.

Today was a very long drive. Montana is really, really big. We aren't even out of it yet. There were times when I felt like I was in a Stephen King novel. We are staying in West Yellowstone, which is in Montana. The kids are great travelers. The baby is a great sport. By the time he melts down, I am also very tired. I understand his frustration with being in the car for 10 - 12 hours. The next two days will be shorter drives though. We'll go through a bit of yellowstone and then take off west again, staying in Jerome, Idaho tomorrow night.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment